So, if you are at the stage of creating your itinerary to Iceland, I think you have arrived in a right place to get some fresh ideas from our blog. I just put together all the “must see” sights in Iceland based on 5 days stay. If you need any ideas, go ahead and copy this plan or just make your own based on our suggestion.
Day 1: Arriving in Keflavík international airport. Depending on the arrival time, you can make your first stop at Blue Lagoon then get check in a hotel in Reykjavik.
- Reykjanes Peninsula
- Gríndavík town
- Hafnarfjörður (Viking village)
- Reykjavik city walk
Stay in Reykjavik
Day 2: Snæfellsnes Peninsula
- Vatnshellir (The journey to the centre of the Eearth)
- Snæfellsjökull National Park
Stay in Stykkishólmur
Day 3: The Highlands and the Golden Circle
- Barnafoss waterfalls
- Hraunfoss waterfalls
- Thingvellir National Park
- Gullfoss waterfalls
Overnight in Flúðir village whic close to the Secret Lagoon.
Day 4: More highlands landscapes and Vík
- Crossing the highlands to visit Landmanalaugar
- Hot spring bath
- Moon like landscape
- Thorsardalur Valley and on to Gjain Canyon and end at Haifoss Waterfall.
Stay a night in Vík.
Day 5: Vík and Reykjavík city
- Black Sand Beaches ( 5 km hiking to the wrecked plane)
- Skógarfoss waterfall
- Seljanlandsfoss waterfall (You can walk behind this one)
- Hveragerði (Green house)
Overnight stay in Reykjavik and preparation for the departure tomorrow.
If you need any further assistance with your planning or booking private tours, don’t hesitate to contact us via email@example.com